These are the major stages of life that couples experience – and the issues they face in each.
Many couples come into therapy with one or more of these issues:
Early Married/Committed Couples
- We’re fighting more than we used to / I thought I knew my partner
- Should we have kids? And if we do, when?
- We’re having trouble with in-laws, family, friends
- Work/Friends/Activities take too much priority
- Having a Baby has Changed Everything
- We’re living more and more separate lives
- There’s no Time for Romance/Sex
- We Fight about the kids too often
- How Do We Survive Adolescence?
- We are OVERSCHEDULED
- Is This All There Is?
Long Term Marriages/Relationships
- I’ve grown and changed: He/She hasn’t
- Our Teenage/Adult Kids are Driving Us Crazy
- The Nest is or will be “empty” – Can we Re-Connect?
- Sex is a Problem
- One of us is ready to retire/I’m just getting started